1-year arts foundation course
The Art Academy provides professional level teaching with teachers from design, film, animation, special effects, sculpting, fashion, tattoo and arts industries.
Over the course of the year you will be creating an accumulative body of artwork designed into a presentable physical and online portfolio. This is in preparation for either further education or getting work in the arts industries.
Your course teacher will be Darren Kordich, who has worked many years with cartoon animation and sculpting. He will not only teach you to be technical, but to think and feel for yourself to develop your own original style.
- Drawing: Traditional art, learning anatomy and attending croquis sessions.
- Writing: Character/event-driven storytelling.
- Comic design: Develop your own comic, Manga week.
- Photography: Frame composition, lighting, photo references.
- Film: Storyboarding, conceptual art, film language, film studies.
- Animation: Model sheets, character design, character turnaround.
- Sculpting: Polimer clays, paper clays, high-density foam, painting a sculpt.
- Casting: Casting objects, life casting.
- Make-up: Beauty and editorial, special effects work.
- Painting: Preparing on canvas, types of painting, mixed media, street art.
- Tattooing: Art and design.
- Jewlery design: From design to product.
- Scenography: Meeting the client vision, room setup.
The course is structured in such a way that by the end you will have a much broader understanding of what art is and you will possess a wide selection of skills to carry out your ideas.
You will have been given the ability to get inspiration from multiple sources, filter what you need and define the core concept of your project, so you can transform that concept into a solid creation.
Furthermore you will have relevant working experience from a business that you want to make a career in. And you will have a full-fletched portfolio to back up your claims.
The course is comprised of four semesters, each spanning three months.
The first three semesters costs 23.000 DKK when you order the 1-year course.
The final semester costs 15.000 DKK.
In total: 84.000 DKK. You can of course pay per semester.
The price includes all required materials, tours and visits as well as guest teachers.
During DECEMBER 2019 you can get 10 % off when you sign up. All you need to do is send you sign-up request before december 31th.
Sign up to the 1-year arts foundation course
You are about to fill out the application request for this course. After receiving it we will contact you for a more personal evaluation. If you are accepted and still wish to opt-in, you will receive payment options.
Please remember, filling out this form is risk-free. Only after personal evaluation and confirmation will you be asked to pay for the course.